How do I return an item?
At Destination Paint, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible on-line shopping experience. This includes a commitment to excellent customer service, even after the products have been delivered. If you are unsatisfied with a product ordered from Destination Paint, we will gladly assist you with your return options. All return requests must be submitted within 30 days of shipment.
**SALES OF CUSTOM TINTED PAINT ARE FINAL AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN OR EXCHANGE**
Sales of unopened sundries, and non-tinted paint and unopened primer may be returned within 30 days of the shipment. Customers must first an RMA number. A 15% restocking fee will be applied and customers are responsible for return shipping.
We have access to formulas of more than 100,000 of the paint industries most popular colors. All of the paint is tinted using computer tinting equipment to ensure that each gallon is 100% accurate. We use the best equipment that is available in the industry. We also keep a record of every gallon of paint that is sent out. This is to ensure that colors are correct and accurate, if there is a question. If there is a dispute regarding the color paint that was ordered versus what was delivered, Destination Paint makes that final call on the accuracy of the paint. Destination Paint has more than 40 years experience in tinting paint, that is exactly why you want us to mix your paint, we get it right!
We have the very best in color matching equipment. We have recently upgraded to the latest products and software from Matchrite.
To Return Merchandise
To return of a qualified item, complete the following steps:
- Send us an email to request a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#). Be sure to include your name, date of purchase, and original order number in the request. Omitting any information will only delay resolving your issue, so please double check your email for completeness before sending it to us. All returns must have an RMA number, or they will not be processed. Destination Paint is not responsible for items returned without an RMA#. If you are requesting a refund, you must send your product back with an RMA# issued by Destination Paint.
- Re-package the item(s) securely with proper inner packaging in a strong corrugated box, affix the shipping label with our return address, and write the RMA# clearly on the shipping label only. DO NOT WRITE or mark the RMA# on the product itself or the product's packaging or box. Keep in mind that you are responsible for the safe return of the product. This is as specially important when shipping paint.
- Make sure you receive a tracking number for the package, and email the tracking number to us. You may want to consider insuring the package against loss or damage. Destination Paint cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to return shipments. We strongly encourage you to use UPS (insured) or FedEx (insured) to send your merchandise back to us.
- You MUST ship your item within 7 (seven) days from the issue date of the RMA.
Please note the following when returning an item:
- The original shipping charge will not be refunded, except in cases where Destination Paint has made a shipping error.
- All returned products can be subject to a 25% restocking fee, except in cases where Destination Paint has made an error.
- Returned products must be in original condition including all packaging materials, inserts, manuals, warranty cards (without any writing) and all accessories and sealed (in the original retail packaging) otherwise a refund may not be issued.
- Oversize items, such as ladders, are subject to a minimum $25 restocking fee, or 25% of the product cost, whichever is greater.
- Special order paint, (any paint that required us to tint the paint) may not be returned, except in cases where Destination Paint has made an error.
- Destination Paint will not accept returns on products that have been used. If an item has been used and is returned to us, no refund will be issued.
- Refused Shipment: You probably won't receive a refund. Refused shipments might be refunded once our warehouse receives the item, minus the original shipping charge, the return shipping charge, and a 50% restocking fee. Our warehouses aren't set-up to receive refused shipments. All returned merchandise is sent to a central location for proper processing. If you want a refund, you must have an RMA# and follow the guidelines outlined above.
- If the information above does not answer your question, please email our customer service department.
If the return item is in new, fully saleable condition, we will be happy to issue a refund for the product, minus any applicable restocking fee and the original shipping charges. The original shipping cost will be refunded if we made a mistake on your order or the product is damaged while in transit to you.
If product is damaged in transit, please contact us within 5 business days of receiving the item. Damage items do not include dented cans. Dented cans do not affect the product inside. While we have analyzed our packaging and developed a package that is very resilient, we cannot hand deliver each and every package. It can happen. NOTE: We have yet to see a complete failure of packaging.
Defective merchandise must be claimed within 30 days of receipt of your order. Items that have a manufacturer's warranty will be referred to the Product Manufacturer. Items with no stated Manufacturer's Warranty will be dealt with direct by Destination Paint. All claims need to be emailed to us in order for us to process and deal with the issue. In most cases, we will require digital photos of the issue that you are having. Please understand that the product manufacturer's warranty is meant to protect you and your investment in your purchase. Please also refer to the Warranty section.
All warranties are product specific and vary by manufacturer. Warranty claims are handled soley by the manufacturer. Destination Paint cannot be held responsible for defective products. We will be happy to assist you in locating contact information for your item's manufacturer.
**We reserve the right to refuse purchases due to incorrect prices, or any other incorrect information on www.destinationpaint.com**
If you have questions or concerns regarding your order or any of the products we carry, please email us.